This collection focuses on the history of landscape architecture in Canada. It includes digitization projects and website development that chronicle the evolution of the profession.
The Landscape Architecture Canada Foundation established the Frances McLeod Blue Collection in 2007 with a grant of $5,000 and a commitment for subsequent annual grants.
The collection is named for Frances Blue, who served the profession as a dedicated volunteer. Blue became an early member of the Canadian Society of Landscape Architecture in 1938 and a full member in 1939. For many years, she served as the organization's secretary. Although formally trained as a landscape architect, she did not pursue the field as a career but generously volunteered her time while raising her family and pursing her passion for gardening.