Cancellation Notice: Contemporary Women's Issues
TItle of Resource:
Contemporary Women's Issues
Cost of resource:
Reasons for cancellation:
- Content: This resource does not provide access to a robust collection of secondary sources related to women’s issues or gender studies. Rather, most of this content is business-focused in nature and is duplicated in other business resources subscribed to by the library, such as ABI Inform Global, Business Source Complete, and Passport.
- Currency: Much of the content in this database is dated and does not provide continuing access to new articles from on-going journal publications.
- Overlap: This database has significant overlap with Academic OneFile, Academic Source Complete, LGBT Life, and other articles databases, many of which provide duplicate, or expanded access to journal publications.
Date access will cease:
- Women's Studies International
- LGBT Life
- Academic OneFile
- Academic Search Premier
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: email@example.com
General Criteria for Cancellation of Electronic Resources
Cancellation decisions are in most cases based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Cost: The inflationary costs of scholarly information continue to rise annually. In addition, the Library’s budget is particularly impacted by currency fluctuations (over half of the Library’s scholarly resources are paid for in U.S. funds)
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Library resources
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by University of Guelph (including University of Guelph Humber) students, faculty and staff