Cancellation Notice: Eureka database
- Usage is very low
- The user interface is poor
- We dropped from 15 to 10 simultaneous users last year, but the publisher is not willing to reduce licensing terms further to 5 seats.
- Recent 10.4% price increase, from CA$8,200 to CA$9,050
- Significant overlap with other resources. We have good coverage of Canadian news content through other databases and archives (e.g. Erudit, Globe and Mail, Toronto Star, Macleans).
- cost-per-use is high
Canadian Newstream, public websites (CBC), Toronto Star, Globe and Mail, Macleans archives
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: email@example.com
General Criteria for Cancellation of Electronic Resources
Cancellation decisions are in most cases based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Cost: The inflationary costs of scholarly information continue to rise annually. In addition, the Library’s budget is particularly impacted by currency fluctuations (over half of the Library’s scholarly resources are paid for in U.S. funds)
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Library resources
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by University of Guelph (including University of Guelph Humber) students, faculty and staff