Cancellation Notice: Knovel Ebooks Subscription
- High cost with large annual price increases.
- Book subscription rather than ownership model.
- High degree of duplication of content already owned by Guelph in print (16%) or electronically (18%).
- A substantial number of volumes include multiple editions of the same work, limiting their value.
- Usage is modest.
The library already owns many titles that are included in the Knovel subscription, notably e-books published by Elsevier and the Royal Society of Chemistry. Search the library catalogue (Primo) to locate alternate copies.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact: email@example.com
General Criteria for Cancellation of Electronic Resources
Cancellation decisions are in most cases based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Cost: The inflationary costs of scholarly information continue to rise annually. In addition, the Library’s budget is particularly impacted by currency fluctuations (over half of the Library’s scholarly resources are paid for in U.S. funds)
- Overlap: Significant content overlap with other Library resources
- Usage: Past usage of the resource by University of Guelph (including University of Guelph Humber) students, faculty and staff