Discovery & Access
Our team’s mission is to create a library which promotes the discovery of new ideas and information and provides equitable access to collections, services, and spaces.
We are committed to creating a welcoming, inclusive and enriching environment for our user community and providing seamless access to the resources you need for studying, teaching, and scholarship.
Our team includes the following units.
The Ask Us Desk is your first stop in discovering all the library’s services, workshops, and events. We will help you find information, recommend sources for research, and suggest research strategies.
- We manage your library account
- We loan books and course reserve materials and re-shelve them as quickly as possible to ensure they’re there when you need them
- If the library doesn’t own it, we’ll get it for you through our interlibrary loan and document delivery services
- We take care of media bookings, graduate student locker assignments and study offices
- We manage the Group Study Rooms booking system
- We run the library’s cloud printing system, Papercut
Library Accessibility Services (LAS)
LAS plays a lead role in ensuring that students staff members with disabilities have timely and equitable access to the library's services and collections.
- We provide expertise and assistance in accessible document creation and repair
- We support SAS-registered students with reading, writing and studying by providing distraction-reduced study space, assistive technology access and training, and course texts in alternate formats
Library Website Development
We are responsible for designing an intuitive website that gives you seamless access to library resources. We customize and configure of many of our web-based applications, such as Omni.
The User Experience Team conducts research with users to improve the quality of the library. We explore all aspects of the library; our website, our services, our spaces, and more. We also make all our reports available to the public.
Discovery & Access Staff
General Library Enquiries? Get in touch.
Looking for someone specific? See our staff list below.
|First Name||Last Name||Title|
|Robin||Bergart||User Experience Librarian|
|Shannon||Bolton||Library Assistant, Access Services|
|Juanita||Burnett||Library Assistant, Access Services|
|Bobbie||Dawkins||Library Assistant, Access Services|
|Sara||Faulhafer||Library Assistant, Access Services|
|Athol||Gow||Manager, Library Accessibility Services|
|Rosemary||Harrington||Library Assistant, Access Services|
- 1 of 3
- next › page