Learning Services supports students at all levels as they strive to become independent, resilient, and strategic learners. We support instructors and campus partners in their efforts to help students develop academic skills and make academic transitions.
Services for students
Learning Services is a central hub on campus for providing information, tools, workshops, and individual appointments to undergraduate and graduate students in these areas:
- Planning time, setting goals, and maintaining motivation
- Managing procrastination
- Building academic resilience and coping with failure and stress
- Making successful transitions to new academic environments
- Preparing for exams and tests, including multiple choice
- Reading and note-taking
- Giving academic presentations and thesis defenses
- Designing and presenting academic posters
- Working effectively in groups
Learn more about our services by visiting Studying Resources and Workshops.
- Academic Action Program, an individualized semester-long coaching program
- Engineering Peer Helper Program, a collaborative program run through the School of Engineering
- Student Athlete Mentor Program, a program to enhance the academic performance of student athletes through peer mentoring
Services for instructors and campus partners
Learning Services assists instructors and campus partners in their efforts to enhance student learning and academic performance. Services include:
- Customized, in-class instruction
- Customized training for teaching assistants and student leaders
- Consultation services for the collaborative development of course activities, assignments, learning outcomes, and assessment tools.
Please contact us for more information.
Learning Services Staff
General library inquiries? Get in touch.
Looking for someone specific? See our staff list below.
|First Name||Last Name||Title|
|Jason||Dodd||Science Learning Specialist and Student Athlete Mentor Program Coordinator|
|Joannah||O'Hatnick||Interim Manager, Learning Services|