Requesting Items from Omni
Requests for physical items from U of G and partner libraries can be made in Omni by U of G students, faculty, and staff.
Distance Education students see the Distance Education and Open Learners page for courier service instructions.
How to Request an Item from Omni
- Click on the item you’d like to request in Omni. You can order items from any of the Omni network libraries.
- Navigate to the “Get it” heading, located in the left side menu.
- If you aren’t signed in, click on the “Sign in” and follow the directions. You will be directed back to the item to complete the request.
- Click on “Get it from another library”.
- Ensure the pre-populated information is correct and then fill in the other fields. Click “Send Request”.
- As soon as the item arrives, you'll be notified via email that it is ready to be picked up. If the item is not picked up within the time specified in the email, the item will be shipped back to the owning-library.
A record of your requests and borrowed items are listed in My Library Account.
Please see our Borrowing Policy for more information about borrowing periods, returning items, and fines.