Requesting Items from Omni
Due to COVID-19 access to the library is limited, at this time you cannot request items from Omni partner libraries.
Requests for U of G items in Omni can be made by U of G students, faculty, and staff. Retirees may select "Home Delivery" as an option, but do not have access to the building at this time.
Distance Education students see the Distance Education and Open Learners page for courier service instructions.
How to Request an Item from Omni
- Click on the item you’d like to request in Omni. You can order items from any of the Omni network libraries.
- Navigate to the “Get it” heading, located in the left side menu.
- If you aren’t signed in, click on the “Sign in” under the “How to get it” heading and follow the directions. You will be directed back to the item to complete the request.
- Click on “Resource Sharing” .
- Ensure the pre-populated information is correct and then fill in the other fields. Click “Send Request”.
- Library staff will retrieve the item you requested and ship it to the pickup location you selected. As soon as the item arrives, you'll be notified via email that it is ready to be picked up. If the item is not picked up within the time specified in the email, the item will be shipped back to the owning-library.
A record of your requests and borrowed items are listed in My Library Account.
Please see our Borrowing Policy for more information about borrowing periods, returning items, and fines.