We offer a variety of in-class instruction sessions depending on your class’s needs. Below is a non-exhaustive list of topics we have delivered in-class sessions on in the past. Feel free to request a session on other topics and we will do our best to accommodate. We can also assist with developing learning outcomes, assignments, and assessment tools.
To schedule a session on one of the following topics, follow the links below:
- Writing skills, including academic writing, writing in the sciences, academic integrity, project management for writing projects, and English as an Additional Language Support.
- Learning and studying skills, including presentation skills, critical and strategic reading of scholarly articles, note-taking from articles, building academic resilience and coping with failure and stress, effective group work and conflict management, study strategies, exam preparation, and poster design.
- Research skills, including using Omni and other databases, narrowing a research topic, learning advanced search skills, getting started on a literature or scoping review or knowledge synthesis project, and using Zotero, Mendeley or EndNote.
- Data skills, including survey design, data analysis, data cleaning and preparation, GIS and ArcGIS, data visualization, using software packages like Excel, Qualtrics, R, SAS, Python, Tableau, and more.
- Support for researchers and authors on research data management, preserving, publishing and sharing your research, open educational resources, digital scholarship, and more.
- Using Archives & Special Collections
- Media skills, including instruction on planning and creating digital projects, like podcasts, videos, digital stories, and digital posters, as well as different tools, including Audacity, Canva, Powtoon and WeVideo. We also offer support around digital identity, finding media and graphic design.