Find e-books in Omni
- Sign in to Omni.
- Type in your search terms.
- Find Resource Type on the left side of the page and narrow down your results to Books & e-Books.
- Under Availability on the left side of the page click Available Online.
- A list of e-books on your topic will be displayed.
E-book collections include specialty collections in all disciplines such as:
- Early Canadiana Online
- Early English Books Online (EEBO)
- OECD iLibrary
- Wiley Online Library
E-reference books include encyclopedias and dictionaries, such as:
- Bergey’s Manual of Systematics of Archaea and Bacteria
- OED: Oxford English Dictionary
- Oxford Reference (includes hundreds of Oxford University Press dictionaries and encyclopedias)
Do I need special software to use e-books?
You do not normally need special software.
- Some e-books are available in PDF and can be downloaded and opened using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Other e-book require the free Adobe Digital Editions and an Adobe ID
Can I download e-books?
It depends on the particular publisher. Learn how to download books from these major e-book publishers:
Can I print e-books?
It depends on what the publisher has made available. You can usually print at least a few pages or a chapter of an e-book.
Can I link directly to an e-book?
Yes, many publishers provide the option to create "permalinks." Instead of using the URL in your browser, look for an option to create a permalink.