How to Get Course Reserve Material
- Log in to the Ares Course Reserves System using your U of G Central login ID.
- Click on "View course" to display both the electronic and physical Course Reserve items available for that course.
- In the list of course materials, click on "Show Details" to get more information about an item.
Physical copies of course reserve materials will be available to borrow on a first come, first served basis in LIB room 109.
Physical reserve items may be borrowed on a 1 day (24 hour) loan. These items are due back 24 hours after they are borrowed.
Some reserve titles are available on a 3 day loan.
If you borrow a course reserve item, please return it to LIB room 109, not the book return bins.
All returned items will be quarantined for three days (72 hours). Check items in Ares to find out the date that they will be available for loan again.
Access online content
- Items that are available online will have a "View Item" link. Click on this link to go directly to the item.
More information about course reserves
- Create a "Favourites" list in Ares of the course reserve readings you use most often, or assign tags to sort relevant readings.
- Books placed on Course Reserve have shorter loan periods than other library materials. See borrowing policies for more information.