Import Ares Reserve Items into CourseLink
Your Ares course reserve readings can be included in your CourseLink content, and can be organized in a number of ways, via an automated process that can be initiated from your Ares Course Home page.
Once imported, the list of readings in CourseLink will be dynamically updated as you add, remove or update items in Ares. Note that you can also use Ares tagging to organize the links in CourseLink. See below for details.
By following the 'import your reserve items' link located on your Ares course home page, you will be guided through an automated process that will require you to choose the way in which you want your Ares items to display in CourseLink. Click on the links below to see examples of each list format:
- View an example of the alphabetical list of all items for the course
- View an example of the list of all items for the course, sorted by tag
- View an example of the separate list for each set of tagged items on the course
The CourseLink module that gets created will contain the options selected above as a list of links:
Step-by-step guide to importing your Ares list:
- Upon clicking the 'import your reserve items' link on your Course Home page in Ares, you will be prompted to log in to CourseLink. Click on the Login button. You will have already authenticated via Single Sign-On, so no credentials will need to be entered
- The first time you use this option, you will be presented with an 'Application OpenEd API Middleware' confirmation. Check the 'Do not ask me again' box provided to prevent this message from displaying in future, then click 'Continue'
The 'Import Your Ares Resources into CourseLink' selection screen will then allow you to select various options via a few checkboxes, and to identify the CourseLink course into which the Ares items will be imported. Both Step 1 and Step 2 of the process must be completed in order to match up the Ares Course List with the correct course in CourseLink.
- Once you have made your selections in Steps 1 and 2, above, click on the SUBMIT button to complete the process. You will then be able to view the imported list in CourseLink.
If you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to contact us.