Parts catalogues, Peerless machinery catalogues, advertisements. The company started in 1859, by Louis Lucas (known as the Lucas Foundry) in West Bend, Wisconsin. In 1890 the Lucas Foundry was bought by Charles Siberzahn (renaming company to Siberzahn Manufacturing Company). In 1902 John Gehl buys the Siberzahn Manufacturing Company. In 1906 John Gehl joined by his brothers Nicolaus, Michael and Henry, and the company’s name was changed to Gehl Brothers Manufacturing. In 1967 the named changed from Gehl Brothers Manufacturing to Gehl Company.