Use the interlibrary loans (ILL) service, RACER, to obtain items not available in the Omni network.
ILL services are free to current University of Guelph students, staff, and faculty. However, there are some items which may incur a fee. We will notify you if the item you are requesting has a fee.
Requested ILL items can be picked up at the Ask Us Desk, located on the first floor in the library.
This service is not available to retirees, alumni, community borrowers, or reciprocal borrowers.
Please note: overdue fines on ILL items accrue at $1/day, with no maximum.
Read more about the interlibrary loans service, RACER, for Ontario universities.
How to use RACER
- If it is your first time using RACER, complete the RACER Registration form.
- Sign into RACER.
- Your Login is your barcode on your University ID card.
Your Password is your last name, or whatever you chose when you registered for RACER.
- Choose Guelph as your library location.
- Fill in the "Blank Request Form" on the left side menu.
- Choose your pickup location from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the form. Distance education students please see our courier instructions.
- We will email you when your request arrives, or if we are unable to fulfill your request.
If a digital copy exists and if licensing permits, we will email you a link to a digital copy. Otherwise, a paper copy will be provided. All copies provided through this service are subject to copyright limitations.