Changes to Retiree Library Privileges Coming in 2020
Changes to library privileges for retirees come into effect in 2020.
What is the same?
- Retirees have access to borrow an unlimited number of books per semester
- Renewals are unlimited barring any holds or recalls on the item
- Renewals can still be done online
This information can also be found on the library’s borrowing policy page.
What is changing?
- Retirees will no longer have off-campus access to some electronic resources
- Some vendor licences for electronic content have historically not covered access for retirees, but campus systems were previously unable to distinguish retirees from the broader employee category in campus systems
Who will this change affect?
This will affect all retirees except for:
- Faculty members/librarians with emeritus status
- Other retirees with whom colleges have made arrangements with
How to access an electronic resource:
- Retirees still have access to all electronic resources from on-campus and are welcome to visit the library to use a public computer or can access them from their own devices
- Open access resources are available for all disciplines and every area of research—find more information about these on the retirees page on our website
Have questions or concerns?
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.