Omni Goes Live December 2019!
Omni, our new academic search tool, goes live December 2019! Omni is a collaboration between 14 Ontario university libraries and is an outcome of the Ontario Council of University Libraries (OCUL) Collaborative Futures Initiative.
As we prepare for this transition and undergo the implementation phase, there are some key things we want you to know.
Holds During Implementation – December 3-12, 2019
- While we implement Omni, holds and recalls cannot be made in Primo.
Service Interruptions During Implementation – December 6-12, 2019
- Fines cannot be paid.
- In-person renewals will only be possible with the item in hand.
- Self-checkout kiosks will be unavailable. Please check-out materials at the Ask Us Desk.
- Access to “My Library Account” will be unavailable.
Policy Changes Beginning December 12, 2019
We are making some changes to our policies to align with the other 13 participating Ontario university libraries.
Policy Changes Include:
- All regular loan periods will be 120 days for the U of G community (undergraduate, graduate students, faculty, and staff). This excludes course reserves and media.
- Late and overdue fines will no longer be assessed – this excludes lost items, recalls, and course reserves.
- Borrowing limits of 500 items for students, faculty, and staff.
- Beginning Dec. 12, 2019, all changes to borrowing policies can be found on our borrowing page.
- If an item isn’t available at U of G, a request can be made through interlibrary loan (RACER). Come spring 2020, you can request in a more efficient way from all 14 participating institutions.
- As U of G has been a part of the TriUniversities Group of Libraries (TUG) since 1995, users will continue to be able to request Wilfred Laurier University and University of Waterloo books, as usual, through Omni. Come spring 2020, fulfillment will come from all participating Omni libraries.
We apologize for any inconveniences that may result as we move to Omni. We are working hard behind the scenes to make this transition as smooth as possible.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the Ask Us Desk at (519) 824-4120 Ext. 53618.