Renovation Update: Week of February 27
Reading week was a busy time at the Library — contractors were on-site, beginning the renovation process.
Noticeable changes around the Library:
- New student seating can be found along the west side of the building, near the windows
- Hoarding is up on part of the second floor
- Audiovisual (AV) materials have been moved to the lower level
- Caution tape has been put up to section off a part of the lower level, this space is therefore off-limits
Key things to keep in mind:
- Laptops are available for loan, visit the Ask Us Desk on the first floor if you need one
- There may be some extra noise on the first, and second floors this week; quiet study spaces can be found on the third, fifth, and sixth floors
The project’s architectural firm is McCallum Sather and construction is led by Aquicon Construction Co. Ltd.
This project was funded by the federal government’s Strategic Investment Fund (SIF) with additional support from the University of Guelph.
Want to learn more about the renovations? Visit the library's Renovation page.
For additional inquiries, please contact:
Kelly Bertrand, Chair, Library Building Committee
(519) 824-4120 x 53359
Kirk Sprague, Manager, Library Facilities
(519) 824-4120 x 53602