We’ve Made Some Changes to our Website
Our website was last refreshed in 2013, and a lot has changed at the library and in web design since then. Our changes embrace our core principles of user-centredness, accessibility, and discoverability. You’ll see our services and resources are now in the forefront. We want to make it as easy as possible for you to get what you need from the library and we think these changes will do the trick. In the process of creating the website you see now; we’ve consulted with you at every step along the way. You might have even participated in some of our user studies (thank you!).
Here’s what you need to know:
- While the building is closed and we are working remotely, we've put the most important links you need on the homepage under the heading "Using the library online." We've also removed our building hours temporarily, but when the library is open you will see them back on the homepage.
- We’ve removed the off-campus login link. Search first and then you will be prompted to authenticate. You only need to do this one time per session and this workflow is less clicks than before.
- We've put our services front and center in the navigation, this replaces our old mega menu “Get Assistance” which we heard from you was overwhelming and hard to read.
- We have many unique spaces and collections that we believe were hidden on our old website. On the homepage we’ve added “Explore our Collections” and brand-new content about our spaces under “Using the library.”
- Did you know about our chat feature? We’ve made it much easier for you to find as a tab at the bottom of every webpage.
- Lastly, since many of our URLs have changed you may notice library links from Google results are broken. We ask that you please be patient while Google indexes our new web pages. You may also need to update bookmarked pages.
We've also created some new content to orient you to the library:
- Guide for New Users – provides the basics for those new to the library on using and accessing our resources.
- Faculty & Instructors – a curated list of supports for faculty and instructors like how to setup course reserves for your students and how we can support your scholarship.
- FAQ – we polled library staff and students on what they need to know about the library and compiled the responses into this list.
- A list and descriptions of our workshops – a one-stop webpage that shows you all the workshops we offer.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.