Company records, charter & by-laws, minute books, receipts, financial accounts etc. relating to the Blanshard and Nissouri Cheese and Butter Company. In Jan. 1881, a charter to make cheese and butter was issued to the South Boundary Blanshard Cheese Co. Three years later the South Boundary Company joined with the St. Marys Union Company. In Sept. 1884, the name was officially changed to the Blanshard and Nissouri Cheese and Butter Co. Ltd. The company produced cheese and butter in St. Marys, Blanshard Township, Perth County, Ontario until 1992. Cheese, better known as “Wellburn Cheese” was produced from fresh, whole milk, picked up the previous day from selected neighbouring farms. A new company, Blanshard and Nissouri Cheese Company Inc., was incorporated in July 1983.