Guelph Royal Opera House

Dates: 
1873-1926

The Guelph Royal Opera House also functioned under several different names throughout its 53 years: Guelph Workingmen’s Opera House Co., Griffin’s Opera House and Royal Opera House. The theatre was in operation from 1873-1926 as a performing arts theatre and then renovated into a movie theatre, called the Capitol Theatre, later in the 1920s. It was torn down in 1953 during a wave of modernisation in the city.

Collection of contracts, account statements, correspondence legal documents concerning the Guelph Royal Opera House.

Extent: 

32 cm of textual materials. 

No further accruals are expected. 

Type(s) Of Materials: 
Unpublished Material and Manuscripts
How To Access: 

XR1 MS A395

This collection is available for viewing on-site in Archival & Special Collections during our regular business hours.