This collection details aspects of the cattle industry in Scotland in the 20th century.
- Letters from Amos Cruikshank, Sittyton, Aberdeenshire to James I. Davidson, Sittyon Grove, near Balsam, Ontario regarding the export of cattle.
- Letters to J.I. Davidson chiefly from J.W. Cruickshank, Sittyton, Aberdeenshire and Elrick.
- Scrapbook of clippings and articles relating to shorthorn cattle importation and breeding with many references to the Miller and Davidson families.
- John Blume's trip through Scotland with John Miller.
- Scrapbook of clippings from The Breeder's Gazette.
- Published books on shorthorn cattle.
- Scrapbook of clippings and photographs relating to cattle sales in Scotland with some items of agricultural news.
- Scrapbook of clippings relating to shorthorn breeding and trade kept by John Miller Jr.
- Photograph of "Melba Mintral", a bull owned by Thos. E. Wilson.
Types of Materials
- Published Material
- Unpublished Material and Manuscripts
Approximately 10 cm of textual and photographic material
How to Access This Resource
XA1 MS A139
Appointments are required to view this material and can be made through Archival & Special Collections.