Using the Archives
Although we cannot access physical archival material and rare books while the building is closed, our reference staff will do their best to answer your questions about our collections.
What’s in Archival & Special Collections?
Archival & Special Collections consist of eight collection areas:
- Agricultural History and Rural Heritage
- LM Montgomery
- LW Conolly Theatre Archives
- Landscape Architecture
- Rare Books
- Regional and Early Campus History
- Scottish Studies
Request items from Archival & Special Collections
Please note that we are unable to process registrations, and we cannot retrieve items from the physical collections at this time.
There is a three-step process to use Archival & Special Collections:
Search for archival and rare book materials in Omni
- Enter the term you wish to search for in the search bar. Press Enter.
- Look at the left-hand side menu, under the heading "Modify your results".
- Click on "U of G Location."
Select "Archival & Special Collections."
This will limit your results to items found only our Archival & Special Collections.
Request the items by filling out this form
Only one call number per request, please. Some items are housed offsite. Pre-ordering materials 24 hours prior to your visit will ensure everything is ready for when you arrive.