We help students and researchers find geospatial data and analyze the data using the Geographic Information System (GIS) software package ArcGIS by ESRI.
Get started with ArGIS by ESRI
Install the latest version of ESRI ArcGIS.
Services for faculty & instructors
We can support your teaching with:
- In-class instruction on finding and analyzing geospatial data.
- Helping your students get started with ArcGIS.
- Beginner’s guide to geospatial data
- What is GIS
- Understanding projections and coordinate systems
- ArcGIS support documentation
- Get started with ArcMap
- Getting started with geoprocessing
- Getting started with spatial analysis (6-week free online course)
- ESRI provides the U of G community with many web courses and tutorials on ArcGIS. Contact us to access training materials marked "locked" or "requires maintenance."
Need help acquiring or installing software? Visit the Computing and Communication Services (CCS) supported products page
- Find geospatial data in Scholars GeoPortal for Canadian geospatial data. Find more geospatial data.
- Citing geospatial data and software (Carleton University)
- Best practices in citation of cartographic materials (Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives)
- How to reference geospatial data, maps, atlases, air photos (Brock University)
- QGIS is the primary open source GIS software
- R is used in some disciplines for GIS analysis
- Open Source Geospatial Foundation (Wikipedia)