About the Library
Our vision & values
To be central to the University community as a valued facilitator, partner, and catalyst for learning, research, and knowledge-creation on campus.
The values that drive our vision are:
- Intellectual freedom
Our strategic priorities for 2017-2023
- Transform our physical and digital spaces in order to create tailored, cohesive, and accessible experiences for our users.
- Integrate services and resources into teaching and learning in order to deliver library content to users at point of need.
- Position the library as the hub of open initiatives in order to enhance sharing of educational materials and research outputs.
- Contribute to strategic campus initiatives in order to achieve shared goals.
- Foster an inclusive and engaged staff culture in order to grow and develop as an organization.
- Adopt evidence-based practices in order to inform decisions about library policies and programming.
Learn more about how we’re working towards our current strategic priorities.
While the McLaughlin Library is located on the main U of G campus, we are affiliated with the University of Guelph-Humber Library as well as a regional campus library on the Ridgetown Campus.
In keeping with our mandate to support and participate in the wider academic community, we are also members of:
- Library Annual Report 2019-2020 (PDF - 6mb)
- Library Annual Report 2018-2019 (PDF - 5mb)
- Library Annual Report 2017-2018 (PDF - 4mb)
- Library Annual Report 2016-2017 (PDF - 18mb)
- Library Annual Report 2015-2016 (PDF - 18mb)
- Library Annual Report 2014-2015 (PDF - 7mb)
- Library Annual Report 2013-2014 (PDF – 5mb)
- Library Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF – 3mb)
Master space plans
- Library Integrated Plan 2012-2017 (PDF – 4mb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2011-2012 (PDF – 147kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2010-2011 (PDF – 90kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2009-2010 (PDF – 42kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2008-2009 (PDF – 85kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2007-2008 (PDF – 55kb)
- Library Integrated Plan 2006-2010 (PDF – 141kb)
Student services fee reports