The Atrium and Data Repositories
Open access institutional repositories provide free, secure access and long-term preservation for researchers’ scholarly and creative works.
We can answer your questions about repositories and help U of G researchers:
- Select a repository that best meets your needs, including institutional or discipline-specific repositories.
- Prepare your work for deposit in a repository, using best practices that promote discovery, access, reuse, and preservation.
- Deposit your work in any of our repositories.
- Comply with open access and data sharing requirements or policies, such as the Tri-Agency Open Access Policy on Publications and the Tri-Agency Research Data Management Policy, by making your work available in an institutional repository.
- Understand your rights as an author so you can preserve and share your work while still complying with publisher and/or funder agreements.
- Choose and apply an appropriate license to your work.
- Make a request to create of a new collection in the Atrium. Please fill out the New Collection Request Form.
U of G Repositories
The library maintains repositories to host the scholarly and creative work of the University of Guelph community.
The Atrium institutional repository
The Atrium is the U of G’s open access repository for scholarly and creative works such as:
- Graduate theses and dissertations
- Journal articles and preprints
- Creative Works
- Books / Book Chapters
- Conference Presentations / Papers
- Other research outputs such as images, reports, papers, audio files, etc.
The University of Guelph Research Data Repositories can be used to share and preserve research data produced as part of a research project such as:
- Text or binary data files
- Source code
- Qualitative or quantitative survey data
- DNA sequencing data
- Supplemental documentation
The Agri-environmental Research Data Repository
The Agri-environmental Research Data Repository is a repository for agricultural and environmental research data.
The University of Guelph Research Data Repository
The University of Guelph Research Data Repository is a repository for all other research data.
How does depositing your research in a repository affect copyright?
When you preserve your original research output in any of our repositories you retain your rights over it and grant the library a non-exclusive license to preserve and distribute your work. Contact us to discuss any questions or concerns you may have regarding copyright or author rights.
Connect with us to ask a question or to book an appointment.
We offer a variety of workshops to support your scholarship through the Open Scholarship workshop series.