Track Your Research Impact
Personal researcher identifiers
We assist researchers with the creation and use of researcher identifiers such as ORCiD and ResearcherID. Researcher identifiers allow scholars to distinguish themselves from others with similar names by providing an easy way to link to their scholarly output like journal articles and data. This helps ensure that all your research output is correctly credited to you. It also helps demonstrate the extent of a scholar’s research over time, despite changes to their institution or position. Some publishers and grant agencies require that a valid researcher identifier is included in the submission process. Research identifiers also make it easier to collect research metrics and better understand the impact of your research.
We provide individual consultations, group instruction, and in-class sessions on:
- ORCiD and other research identifiers
- selecting, understanding, and analyzing various types of traditional (including h-index, impact factor, and citation counts) and alternative metrics
- providing clarity to tenure and promotion, granting agencies, publishers, and other constituents of the scholarly communication eco-system
Services for faculty & instructors
We can help you:
- create ORCiD and other research identifiers
- discuss research identifiers and research metrics during an in-class session with your students
- clarify and correct ORCiD and other research identifiers
We offer a variety of workshops to support your scholarship through the Open Scholarship workshop series.