Find & request books
- Ask Us Desk, curbside pickup and home delivery of books are available to current U of G students, faculty, and staff.
- Search the library collection in Omni.
- Once you have found the item you'd like to request, sign in and then click "Request". Under "Pickup Location" select "McLaughlin Library", "Curbside Pickup" or "Home Delivery".
- Some books are available electronically as e-books. Access an e-book in Omni using the link under "View Online".
- If you requested a book, you will receive an email with more information once the item has been processed.
- You may also request books in Omni from our Omni partner libraries.
- Can't find the book in Omni? Request it from interlibrary loan (RACER) or Request a New Resource.
- See Getting started with Omni for a quick overview on how to use our system.
- You can renew library books online after logging into My Library Account.
- If you have borrowed an item from another institution, first select the appropriate institution on the left hand side under My Library Account, and then you can renew the particular item.
- Return your library books to the bins located at either the front doors or the library's loading dock. Access to the loading dock is off Gordon Street at the rear of the library. The book return bin at the loading dock is not wheelchair accessible. Patrons who require assistance can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The bins are accessible 24/7.
Request a digitization
In accordance with the University’s copyright guidelines, current U of G students, faculty and staff may request that a portion of a physical item in our collection be digitized.
Here's how it works:
Search in Omni. Limit your search using the facets on the left-hand side to “Available in U of G Library” which will return physical items in our collection.
Select the item you’d like to be digitized and click “Sign in.” You’ll be prompted to enter your U of G credentials.
Under the “Get It” heading, you will see “Request a digitized chapter/article/excerpt” if the item is available for digitization.
Fill in the form with as much information as possible.
Once the item is processed, you will receive an email with a link to the digitized content. This may take a few business days.
The link will expire after five views or 30 days.
Course reserves (Ares)
- Learn more about Course Reserves (Ares).
Questions? Contact us.