Course Reserves (Ares)
The Course Reserve (Ares) system allows instructors to make course materials available to enrolled students in one convenient place.
- Many course reserves items are available online.
- Items in the print reserve collection can be borrowed for 24 hours. A few reserve titles are available on an extended 3-day loan.
- If you borrow a course reserve item, please return it to the Ask Us Desk, not the book return bins.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours.
How to find items in the course reserve system (Ares)
- Login to Omni or Ares to find materials for your courses. Your instructor may also have made Ares course reserve materials available via CourseLink.
- If the item is a print book or other physical item, check availability in Omni or Ares before coming to the library.
- Use your U of G ID card to enter the library at the accessible door off Winegard Walk. Ask for course reserves items at the Ask Us Desk. Course reserves cannot be picked up curbside and cannot be shipped.
- If you need access to course materials that are not currently available, please contact your instructor.
Faculty & instructors
- Course reserves (Ares) gives your students convenient access to a wide range of your course materials from the library collection, such as books, e-books, book chapters, journal articles and streaming media, as well as your own copies of books and other print materials.
- All material posted in Ares is copyright and compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilitie Act (AODA) and can be directly integrated into CourseLink.
- Print books may also be placed on reserve and will be made available on a 24 hour loan to students who can pick them up in-person at the library. At your request, items may be made available for a 3-day loan.
- Learn how to place materials on reserve for your course
- Learn how to import Ares course reserves into your CourseLink site
- Learn about e-books and course reserves