Studying Resources & Workshops
We support undergraduate and graduate students develop the skills and strategies you need to learn effectively and achieve your goals.
We can help you:
- Plan and use your time effectively
- Control procrastination and perfectionism, and complete your assignments, thesis, or program on time
- Prepare for many different types of exams, including multiple choice
- Read textbooks and scholarly articles more effectively
- Take better notes and study efficiently
- Improve your memory and concentration
- Work more effectively in groups
- Enhance your presentation skills, including strategies for managing nervousness
- Practice your presentation and receive feedback from professional staff
- Design and present academic posters
Our Learning experts offer three specialized programs:
Supported Learning Groups (SLGs)- peer-led study groups in historically challenging courses. They are designed to give students a more in-depth understanding of the course content while learning in a small online group format.
Academic Action Program - a one-to-one academic coaching program for any student who would like to enhance their academic potential.
Student-Athlete Mentor (SAM) Program - designed to enhance the academic perform
Learning experts are available to help you develop your time management, studying, or presentation skills.
We offer a variety of specialized workshops to help you develop your skills in giving academic presentations, balancing your well-being with academics, studying, and managing your time.
Services for faculty & instructors
- Customized, in-class instruction
- Customized training for teaching assistants and student leaders
- Consultation services for the collaborative development of course activities, assignments, learning outcomes, and assessment tools.
- Effective studying resources on reading, note-taking, concentrating, and study strategies such as concept maps and matrix charts.
- Exam prep resources to help you prepare for multiple choice and essay exams, as well as advice for studying effectively.
- Group work and presentation resources with advice on group work and on all stages of academic presentations, from preparing your slides to answering audience questions.
- Mark calculator to help you calculate your marks in each of your courses and your semester average.
- Time management resources include downloadable schedules and many resources on controlling procrastination and using your time effectively and efficiently.