Founded in Toronto in 1954 by Donald and Murray Davis, the Crest offered a varied repertoire of classical and modern plays, including premieres of Canadian plays by Robertson Davies, Marcel Dubé, and many others. It closed in 1966 following a failure to an agreement with the Canadian Players and a controversial cut in funding by federal and provincial agencies.
This collection features programs, press clippings and articles.
See also: Canadian Players, Theatre Toronto, Ada Kelly Collection, and the Josephine Barrington Collection.
12 cm of textual material.
No further accruals are expected.