Gaiety Theatre (Manchester)
Gaiety Theatre was based in Manchester and was open from 1884 until it was demolished in 1959. The theatre itself was built on the same plot of land as a theatre that went by the same name but was destroyed by fire previously. It first opened as Comedy Theatre in 1884 and was named such until it was purchased by Annie Horniman in 1908, when it underwent major renovations. Once these renovations were complete, the Theatre reopened under its original name: Gaiety Theatre. The theatre closed in 1922 but was used again from 1945-1947. It was demolished in 1959.