Toronto Workshop Productions
Toronto Workshop Productions began when Basya Hunter's Arts Club Theatre and Workshop Productions merged in 1959 and started performing out of a 90 seat factory basement. Immediately successful with their first production, Hey Rube!, TWP went on to create more explorative and creative works. George Luscombe became the artistic director in 1961 and the company moved to a larger, 300 seat auditorium in 1967.
Under Luscombe's direction, TWP created and performed works with minimal set but maximum involvement from all participants. Performances were politically charged and evolved with each production. In the 1980s, the company experienced unfortunate financial difficulties and was forced to close in 1988.
This collection includes: scripts, programs, photographs, performance files, and other materials.
40 metres of textual and other materials.