Rockwood Academy Collection
Collection of material from the Rockwood Academy, originally assembled by the late Josef Drenters, to trace the history of the Academy Building. A collection of school texts and historical works from Josef Drenters (many used at the Academy).
In 1850 William Wetherald founded the Rockwood Academy, in Rockwood Ontario according to Quaker education rules when the public school system was being developed. The school closed in 1882.
In 1960 Yosef Drenters purchased the property, and restoring the property over twenty years. In 1986 the Ontario Heritage Trust acquired the building from Drenters’ estate.