We support undergraduate and graduate students enrolled in a University of Guelph degree program, postdoctoral researchers, visiting scholars, faculty, and staff.
If English is not your dominant language, Writing and Learning Services can help with:
- Speaking and pronunciation
- Intercultural communication
We offer free, confidential appointments to help you develop your English language skills.
- For reading, listening, speaking/pronunciation, or intercultural communication skills, select the English Language Skills service to book your appointment.
- For writing, you can book with any of our consultants.
- Academic Writing Resources and Templates provides a range of resources, including information on types of writing assignments, worksheets to help you organize and develop research papers, and strategies to check for accidental plagiarism.
- Citation and Bibliography Resources and Style Guides provides examples of different citation style formats and links to official citation sites.
- Group Work and Presentation Skills includes information on all stages of academic presentations, from preparing your slides to answering audience questions.
We offer a variety of specialized workshops to help you develop your English language skills.
We offer a variety of specialized workshops to help you develop your writing English language skills.
There are no upcoming workshops at the moment. Check back soon for more, or browse our full workshop calendar to see the other workshops we offer.CalendarWorkshop descriptions