Find and request items
- Search the library collection in Omni.
- Once you have found the item you'd like to request, sign in and then click "Request." Select your pickup location. McLaughlin Library is the main library at the U of G main campus. You will also be able to select a pickup location from other Omni partner libraries as well.
- You may request any book or other item you find in Omni, whether it is owned by U of G or another Omni partner library.
- When your items are ready, you will get an email. You can pick up the items on the shelves behind the Ask Us Desk during business hours.
- You can renew library books and most other items online in My Library Account.
When you view your loans in Omni you will see all of your University of Guelph items listed.
To view and renew items from another university, go to "All Institutions" on the left side of the screen. Click the appropriate university and you can renew your items from that institution.
Please note, recalled items cannot be renewed.
- Return your library books to the bins located just inside the main entrance, or at any Omni partner library.
- Library fines can be paid in-person using debit, Visa or Mastercard or by telephone with Visa or Mastercard. Contact us for more information.
You have a 30 day grace period from the due date to renew or return an item before the item is declared lost and replacement charges are incurred. This does not apply to recalled item.
- When you receive a recall notice, you have 7 days to return a recalled item to any Omni library without penalty. Fines will accrue after 7 days.
- Recalled books accrue a $4/ day fine, to a maximum of $56 per item, if not returned within 7 days of recall notice.
- Recalled audiovisual items accrue a $10/day fine, to a maximum of $100.
- After 14 days the recalled item will be declared lost and you will be assessed a replacement charge.
Other items to borrow
Come to the Ask Us Desk to borrow:
- HDMI cables
- DVD players (for in-house use only)
See our full borrowing policies for more information.