Find and request books
- Curbside pickup and home delivery of books are available for current University of Guelph students, faculty, and staff. The home delivery service is available for retirees.
- Search the library collection in Omni.
- Once you have found the item you'd like to request, sign in and then click "Request". Under "Pickup Location" select either "Curbside Pickup" or "Home Delivery".
- You may also request books in Omni from the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University for either curbside pickup at McLaughlin Library or home delivery. You will receive an email with more information once the item has been processed.
- You will receive an email with more information once the item has been processed.
You can renew library books online in My Library Account.
When you view your loans in Omni you will see all of your University of Guelph items listed.
To view and renew items from another university, go to "All Institutions" on the left side of the screen. Click the appropriate university and you can renew your items from that institution.
Please note, recalled items cannot be renewed.
- Return your library books to the bins located at either the front doors or the library's loading dock. Access to the loading dock is off Gordon Street at the rear of the library.
- Please note, all returned items are quarantined for 72 hours.
- While we are continuing to fulfill interlibrary loan (RACER) requests, please expect significant delays due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please note that library fines can only be paid by telephone using VISA or Mastercard. Call the Ask Us Desk at (519) 824 - 4120 x53618.
You have a 30 day grace period from the due date to renew or return an item before the item is declared lost and replacement charges are incurred. This does not apply to recalled item
- When you receive a recall notice, you have 7 days to return a recalled item to any Omni library without penalty. Fines will accrue after 7 days.
Recalled books accrue a $4/ day fine, to a maximum of $56 per item, if not returned within 7 days of recall notice.
- Recalled audiovisual items accrue a $10/day fine, to a maximum of $100.
- After 14 days the recalled item will be declared lost and you will be assessed a replacement charge.
See our full borrowing policies for more information.