Find and request books
- Search the library collection in Omni.
- Once you have found the item you'd like to request, sign in and then click "Request." Select your pickup location. McLaughlin Library is the main library at the U of G main campus. (Please note that the Curbside Pickup and Home Delivery program has now concluded effective Friday, August 27, 2021).
- You may request any book you find in Omni, whether it is owned by U of G or another Omni partner library.
- When your items are ready, you will get an email. You can pick up the items on the shelves behind the Ask Us Desk during our opening hours.
- You can renew library books online in My Library Account.
When you view your loans in Omni you will see all of your University of Guelph items listed.
To view and renew items from another university, go to "All Institutions" on the left side of the screen. Click the appropriate university and you can renew your items from that institution.
Please note, recalled items cannot be renewed.
- Return your library books to the bins located immediately outside the the front doors as well as just inside the main entrance.
- We continue to fulfill interlibrary loan (RACER) requests during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Please note that library fines can only be paid by telephone using VISA or Mastercard. Call the Ask Us Desk at (519) 824 - 4120 x53618.
You have a 30 day grace period from the due date to renew or return an item before the item is declared lost and replacement charges are incurred. This does not apply to recalled item.
- When you receive a recall notice, you have 7 days to return a recalled item to any Omni library without penalty. Fines will accrue after 7 days.
- Recalled books accrue a $4/ day fine, to a maximum of $56 per item, if not returned within 7 days of recall notice.
- Recalled audiovisual items accrue a $10/day fine, to a maximum of $100.
- After 14 days the recalled item will be declared lost and you will be assessed a replacement charge.
See our full borrowing policies for more information.