About the Media Studio
The Media Studio provides access to state-of-the-art technology required for the creation of digital projects. Our staff are here to support you in the development of digital literacy and media creation skills.
Support for students:
- Support for undergraduate and graduate students in developing digital literacy and media creation skills.
- Supports digital media assignments such as videos, digital storytelling, podcasts, blogging and more.
- Editing stations, a sound booth, equipment and software for creating digital media and a filming studio.
- Book an Editing Suites appointment, Filming Studio appointment, or Sound Booth appointment to use space, access equipment, or get help with your project.
- Schedule an online consultation appointment for students for help with planning your project, selecting the right tool, finding media, or troubleshooting.
Services for faculty & instructors:
- Consulting on assignment design to integrate digital media into your courses. Our create digital assignments guide outlines the resources available to support your students.
- Access to web-based video creation accounts. A limited number of seats are available each semester, available on a first-come first-served basis.
- Creating a custom help guide for your students tailored to your assignment requirements.
- Book an appointment for faculty and instructors.
Media related resources
Guides for Creating Digital Media:
- Create an animated video using PowToon
- Create a digital design with Canva
- Create a digital design with Piktochart
- Create a digital story
- Edit video: iMovie
- Edit video: WeVideo
- Film a good quality video on your smartphone
- Film a pitch video or video resume
- Find audio, images, and videos for remixing
- Learning video and filming basics
- Make your digital video projects accessible
- Make your video or digital content public
- Record a podcast
- Record audio interviews and film video interviews
- Record audio on your computer or phone
- Record audio with Audacity
Equipment and software
- An adjustable green screen
- Canon Rebels, including a 360 degree lens
- Professional lighting including 1 light box,
- A variety of camera lenses
- Shotgun microphone and mic packs (to record individual or multiple subjects)
- 1 Mac Recording Station
- Shure MV5 microphone
- Condenser Microphone
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
- Adobe After-Effects CC
- Adobe Media Encoder CC
- Adobe Prelude CC
- Apple IMovie
- Adobe Audition CC
- Apple GarageBand
- Apple Logic Pro
- Adobe Animate CC
- Adobe Fireworks CS6
- Adobe Illustrator CC
- Adobe InDesign CC
- Adobe Muse CC
- Adobe Photoshop CC
- Apple Pages
- Apple KeyNote
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Adobe Lightroom CC
- Adobe Muse CC
- Microsoft Office
Need something we don't have? Let us know!
When is the Media Studio open?
Students can still get help with digital media creation by booking an appointment with a Media Studio Student Consultant
Media Studio workshops
Visit the library's workshop page to read about the workshops we offer.