Resources for Gathering & Reading the Literature
- 3 Steps to Create a Search Formula (Video)
- 4 Steps to Narrow Your Research Topic (Video)
- Boolean Operators Cheat Sheet
- Search Modifiers Cheat Sheet
- Choose the Best Info: Apply Authority (Video)
- Choose the Best Info: Why Evaluate? (Video)
- What is Grey Literature? (Video)
- Find Grey Literature
Single Source - Note-taking Analysis Worksheet [DOC - 41kb]
Use this handout to record essential information for every article that you read. You can refer to these notes when writing a research paper or literature review.
Multiple Sources - Note-taking Analysis Worksheet [DOC - 35kb]
This table is designed to help you organize all your sources. (e.g. books, articles, government documents) based on common themes, topics, methods, theories, etc. List your sources and group common themes to compare their information. For printing, select 11X17 ledger paper size.
Theory, Model or Method-Building - Multiple Sources - Note-taking Analysis Worksheet [DOC - 36kb]
This table is designed for theory-building, model-building, or methods-building. This table is designed to help you organize all your notes on different theories/models/methods (depending on your type of research) in order to strengthen your knowledge.