The University Librarian leads the library’s overall strategy and advances the organization’s engagement with the University’s academic and research pursuits.
The library executive team includes:
The committed and talented staff work hard on your behalf to advance teaching, learning and research at the University of Guelph.
We commit to:
- Provide convenient access to high quality scholarly information resources
- Empower students, faculty, and staff to find, evaluate, and use information effectively
- Offer learner-focused library services and facilities
- Advise researchers as you create, curate, and disseminate new digital knowledge
- Welcome all types of learners, readers, dreamers, knowledge seekers, and knowledge creators
Amanda Etches, Interim University Librarian
Amanda Etches was appointed Interim University Librarian at the University of Guelph in March 2022. Prior to this appointment, Amanda served as Associate University Librarian, Research and Head, Discovery and Access at the University of Guelph. Amanda has been a reference and instruction librarian, user experience librarian, web developer, and UX researcher and has led teams responsible for a broad range of library expertise and services including archives, research support, teaching & learning support, user experience, and library systems. Amanda holds an MA in English Literature and an MISt in Library and Information Science, both from the University of Toronto. She has presented and published on user experience design in libraries, a research interest that still informs her approach to library work. When she's not at work, you can find Amanda painting in her studio or out in the world with a pen and a sketchbook.
519 824-4120, Ext. 52159
The Office of the University Librarian is located on the third floor of the McLaughlin Library.