We strongly support open access scholarship and publishing as a way to share knowledge broadly and increase the use and value of research outputs and educational materials.
We can help you disseminate your work and find open access resources through these open initiatives:
- Author rights support to help you navigate publishing contracts, including open access options.
- Repositories for data and publications to help you make your work publicly available, ensure compliance with Tri-Agency requirements for public access, and preserve research and data for the future.
- Publishing discounts for U of G authors
- Open access journal hosting to help you launch an open access journal.
- Open access book hosting to help you publish open access textbooks, and monographs.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) to help you source open educational materials (including textbooks, videos, question banks, simulations and much more) for your courses and disseminate your own OERs.
Learn more about the library’s position on open access.
Get in touch with us to discuss your questions about open access, such as:
- What to consider when publishing open access
- Copyright and open access
- How to find a home for your research data
- Publishing open access journals, monographs, or textbooks
- How to make your previously published work open access
- How to provide open textbooks to your students
- Open Access Explained (video) - Piled Higher and Deeper (PHD Comics)
- Five Benefits of Open Access (video) - U of G Library
- Tri-Agency Open Access Policy - U of G Library
We offer a variety of specialized workshops related to open access publishing. Browse all scholarship and publishing workshops.