Academic Action Program
The Academic Action Program is a semester-long program to help you build on your strengths and develop new strategies to achieve your academic goals.
In this program you will:
- Analyze your strengths and learn how to apply those strengths in your courses.
- Develop strategies specific to your learning and study needs.
- Develop an Academic Action Plan to manage your time, study effectively, or prepare for midterms.
- Learn how to balance academics will all the other parts of your life more effectively.
This is what previous students have said about their experience with the program:
- "My academic coach helped me keep on track with my studies and showed me ways to deal with procrastination."
- "My academic coach helped me more than I could even imagine."
- "My confidence increased and my stress diminished!"
How the Academic Action Plan works
The Academic Action Plan program is flexible to meet your needs. You can choose one or more ways to participate:
- Recieve a weekly newsletter with tips and strategies on how to meet your academic goals.
- Attend weekly accountability circles facilitated by an academic coach. You will meet with others in the program to set goals, share your strategies, and keep each other accountable to your plans.
- Get matched up with a Learning Peer Helper or Learning Specialist who will be your academic coach for the semester. You will meet one-on-one with your academic coach three to six times throughout the semester to discuss your goals, analyze your strengths and develop strategies for success.
In Fall 2021, all accountability circles and individual coaching sessions will take place online.
Apply now to participate in the Academic Action Program. Applications will be accepted through September 30 but may close earlier if capacity is reached.
- Ask Us to learn more about the Academic Action Plan