We support undergraduate and graduate students in the learning process and in their academic skill development.
We can help you:
- Plan and use your time effectively
- Control procrastination and perfectionism, and complete your assignments, thesis, or program on time
- Prepare for many different types of exams, including multiple choice
- Read textbooks and scholarly articles more effectively
- Take better notes and study efficiently
- Improve your memory and concentration
- Work more effectively in groups
- Enhance your presentation skills, including strategies for managing nervousness
- Practice your presentation and receive feedback from professional staff
- Design and present academic posters
Supported Learning Groups (SLGs)
Supported Learning Groups (SLGs) are free peer-led study groups held on a weekly basis to help students taking historically challenging courses. They are designed to give students a more in-depth understanding of the course content while learning in a small online group format.
We offer two semester-long programs:
- Academic Action Program - an academic coaching program to support students in achieving their academic goals.
- Pearson Family Student-Athlete Mentor (SAM) Program - a comprehensive program designed to enhance the academic performance of student-athletes.
Learning experts are available to help you develop your time management, studying, or presentation skills.
Services for faculty & instructors
- Customized, in-class instruction
- Customized training for teaching assistants and student leaders
- Consultation services for the collaborative development of course activities, assignments, learning outcomes, and assessment tools.
- Effective studying resources on reading, note-taking, concentrating, and study strategies such as concept maps and matrix charts.
- Exam prep resources to help you prepare for multiple choice and essay exams, as well as advice for studying effectively.
- Group work and presentation resources with advice on group work and on all stages of academic presentations, from preparing your slides to answering audience questions.
- Mark calculator to help you calculate your marks in each of your courses and your semester average.
- Time management resources include downloadable schedules and many resources on controlling procrastination and using your time effectively and efficiently.
We offer a variety of specialized workshops to help you develop your skills in giving academic presentations, balancing your well-being with academics, studying, and managing your time.