Our vision & values
To be central to the University community as a valued facilitator, partner, and catalyst for learning, research, and knowledge-creation on campus.
The values that drive our vision are:
- Intellectual freedom
Our strategic priorities for 2017-2023
- Transform our physical and digital spaces in order to create tailored, cohesive, and accessible experiences for our users.
- Integrate services and resources into teaching and learning in order to deliver library content to users at point of need.
- Position the library as the hub of open initiatives in order to enhance sharing of educational materials and research outputs.
- Contribute to strategic campus initiatives in order to achieve shared goals.
- Foster an inclusive and engaged staff culture in order to grow and develop as an organization.
- Adopt evidence-based practices in order to inform decisions about library policies and programming.
Learn more about how we’re working towards our current strategic priorities (PDF - 77kb).
While the McLaughlin Library is located on the main U of G campus, we are affiliated with the University of Guelph-Humber Library as well as a regional campus library on the Ridgetown Campus.
In keeping with our mandate to support and participate in the wider academic community, we are also members of:
- Library Annual Report 2019-2020 (PDF - 6mb)
- Library Annual Report 2018-2019 (PDF - 5mb)
- Library Annual Report 2017-2018 (PDF - 4mb)
- Library Annual Report 2016-2017 (PDF - 18mb)
- Library Annual Report 2015-2016 (PDF - 18mb)
- Library Annual Report 2014-2015 (PDF - 7mb)
- Library Annual Report 2013-2014 (PDF – 5mb)
- Library Annual Report 2012-2013 (PDF – 3mb)
- Library Integrated Plan 2012-2017 (PDF – 4mb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2011-2012 (PDF – 147kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2010-2011 (PDF – 90kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2009-2010 (PDF – 42kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2008-2009 (PDF – 85kb)
- Library Integrated Plan Update 2007-2008 (PDF – 55kb)
- Library Integrated Plan 2006-2010 (PDF – 141kb)
Student services fee reports