The library’s assessment and user experience program is designed to help library staff understand our users’ needs and improve our ability to support teaching, learning, and research at the University of Guelph.
We undertake user research and assessment projects to inform decisions about library services, programming, collections, and spaces.
We collect and use data responsibly and ethically. We are transparent about our data collection and only collect data required for reporting and ongoing improvement.
We prioritize assessment work which:
- Leads to improving our services to support teaching, learning, and research.
- Aligns with the University’s strategic framework and our library’s strategic priorities and visions and values.
- Contributes to creating a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive library.
- Supports a demonstrated need for data to inform decision-making.
- Contributes to quality assurance and data reporting requirements.
The Assessment and Reporting Team leads library assessment and user experience projects. Our projects and reports are available: