SLGs are free group study sessions led by upper year undergraduate students. SLGs are a fun and effective way to study! All students in the course are welcome to participate in any SLG session. SLGs are flexible - You can attend regularly or drop in occasionally.
Why participate in SLGs?
- To meet students in your class.
- To learn strategies to study more effectively.
- To check your understanding, get comfortable with terminology, and gain confidence.
- To learn about campus resources.
Is my SLG virtual or in person?
Depending on the course, your SLG may be offered virtually, face to face, or both formats. In-person sessions are held at McLaughlin Library, and virtual sessions are on CourseLink. Please check the schedule below to learn whether your session is face to face or virtual.
We encourage you to register for Supported Learning Groups on CourseLink. This resource will allow you to attend virtual SLGs, download materials from any SLG session, get details about session changes & extra sessions for in-person and virtual SLGs, and more. Instructions to join the SLG CourseLink are available below.
- Log into CourseLink. Select “Self Registration” from the top menu on the CourseLink homepage.
- Scroll down the list of courses and select “Supported Learning Groups (SLGs).”
- Click “Register,” then “Submit.”
Once you have registered, you will now see SLGs under My Courses > Resources whenever you log into CourseLink. Please log onto the site for details about accessing session materials, session changes, and virtual SLGs.
Note: Virtual Classroom for virtual SLGs works best in Google Chrome.
SLG Session Schedule
SLGs run from the first week of class until the end of each semester. Note that individual session times may vary. Please check the SLG Schedule for the most up-to-date session times. Students enrolled in a course can attend any SLG for that course.
Questions, Comments, Concerns?
Please contact us and a staff member will be happy to assist you.