Distance Education Degree Students
The library pays for Purolator courier delivery and pickup of items to be returned.
- A home or work address and phone number are required for delivery
- Deliveries are made Monday to Friday from 9:00am to 5:00pm
- Our courier service requires a signature upon delivery
- Our courier service will not deliver to a post office box, however if applicable, please provide the emergency number and road name
- Your requested items will generally be delivered within 2-3 business days
How to request books and articles
- Search Omni.
- If the item is not viewable online, we will courier it to you. Click the item you'd like to request in Omni.
- Navigate to the “Get it” heading, located in the left side menu.
- If you aren’t signed in, click on the “Sign in” icon under the “Get it” heading and follow the directions. You will be directed back to the item to complete the request.
- Click on “REQUEST”.
- Ensure the pre-populated information is correct and then fill in the other fields. Click “Send Request”.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the item you requested and include your mailing address. We will send the item to you via courier.
If you can't find what you need in Omni
Use the Interlibrary loan service, RACER, to obtain items not available in the Omni network.
Interlibrary loan is a free service. However, there are some exceptions. We will notify you if the item you are requesting has a fee.
- If it is your first time using RACER, complete the RACER Registration form.
- Sign into RACER.
Your Login is the barcode on your university ID card.
Your Password is your last name, or whatever you chose when you registered for RACER.
- Choose Guelph as your library location.
- Fill in the “Blank Request Form” on the left side menu.
- In the “Special Instructions” box, include the note: “I’m a distance education student. Please courier this item to me”.
- At the bottom of the Blank Request Form, you will see “Pickup Location.” Select “Guelph Distance Education.”
If you requested an article or book chapter and if licensing permits, we will email you a link to a digital copy.
How to return items to the library
- You will receive a pre-paid Purolator waybill with your shipment. Simply follow the included instructions and return your items before they are due back. Journal articles should not be returned.
- Check My Library Account for due dates and to renew books, if necessary.