Archival Reproduction Services
There is no self-service photocopying in the Reading Room. Staff determine whether or not a particular item may be copied, and if so, by what method. While we try to maintain same-day service, it is not always possible for larger volume requests and orders made from off-site. Copyright, size and condition of material (especially rare books) may prevent extensive copying in some cases.
Additional donor restrictions apply to some archival material. Each request will be decided individually. Digital images are available on a cost basis as well. Researchers assume all responsibilities for permission to use archival and manuscript materials. A copystand is available for self-service camera imaging — patrons must provide their own camera and be authorized to photograph materials by archives staff. Charges for typical services are listed directly below.
The fees for photocopying are as follows:
- 25 cents for photocopies (letter or legal size) or low quality PDF scans (200dpi)
- $1.00 for for photocopies (11" x 17") or low quality PDF scans (200dpi)
The fees for digital imaging are as follows:
- $10.00 per scanned image (600dpi, JPG) [regular format]
- $20.00 per scanned image (600dpi, JPG) [large format]
- $30.00 per half hour of staff time for AV material (subject to condition of AV material and availability of equipment)
- $2 per DVD or no charge for delivery via DropBox
Postage: orders totaling up to $5.00, no charge for on-site researchers and $5.00 for off-site researchers (excludes larger orders)
No taxes to be charged for out of country orders and no provincial sales tax charge for out of province orders.
Requests over $50.00 CDN must be prepaid.
Rush orders (within 24 hours of being requested) are double the posted prices.
Refunds cannot be made for photocopying and scanning services.
A 'request for reproduction form' is available, and must be completed and signed before duplication of any materials.