Write like an Academic
Write Like an Academic provides support in academic written communication for graduate-level students with English as an additional language (EAL).
This program comprises six two-hour workshops over six weeks.
Participants are given an opportunity to improve their writing in typical graduate-student academic and professional scenarios, including:
- Writing emails to professors and/or advisors
- Providing written feedback to students as TAs
- Avoiding plagiarism
- Writing abstracts for academic audiences
- Paraphrasing and summarizing
- Writing cover letters to potential employers
- Organizing and writing a slide deck
- This program is offered in the fall semester. Registration opens in September.
- University of Guelph graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, or visiting scholars with English as an additional language (EAL) are welcome.
- Participants should ensure they can attend all six weeks of this program due to the cumulative nature of the content.