EAL Graduate Writing Camp
EAL Graduate Writing Camp is designed to help graduate students who have English as an additional language develop their writing and grammar skills.
The camp includes workshops on the following topics:
- Basic grammar and sentence structure
- Sentence structure errors and advanced grammar
- Developing logic, style, and argument (sentences and paragraphs)
- Paraphrasing strategies
- Integrating sources (language for quoting and paraphrasing)
You will also have independent writing time to:
- Practice new skills learned in this program.
- Meet individually with a Writing or EAL Specialist
There will be time for discussions and reflections to explore challenges and solutions in small groups.
- This program is offered in the summer semester. Registration opens in March.
- The program is intended for graduate students currently in the process of writing their major research paper, proposal, or dissertation.
- Postdoctoral fellows, visiting scholars, staff, and faculty are also welcome to register if you are currently working on a writing project.
- We ask you to provide a 200-word academic writing sample in advance of the camp.
- Participants are expected to attend the full program.