Talk like an Academic
Talk Like and Academic workshops provide support for graduate-level students with English as an additional language (EAL). Participants will learn and practice English communication skills and strategies for typical academic situations.
- Communicating with Supervisors
- Communicating with Students as a Teaching Assistant (TA)
- Making Your Point in Class Discussions
- Listening Skills
- Presenting Your Research to a General Audience
- This program is offered in the winter semester. Registration opens in January.
- University of Guelph graduate students, postdoctoral fellows, or visiting scholars with English as an additional language (EAL) are welcome.
- Students can register for any or all of the workshops. Students must register for each workshop individually.