In August 2021, the UX Team interviewed students about a proposal for fall 2021 that would require them to book a seat in the library in advance of their arrival.
- Can users easily follow the seat-booking process set up LibCal?
- Are students comfortable using the proposed QR codes to be affixed to each seat for check-in and check-out?
- Think aloud usability study conducted with 4 undergraduate students.
- Students were sent a link to the seat booking web page and shared their screen with us to show us how they would book a seat.
What did we learn?
Users were comfortable with both the seat-booking system and the QR codes, but there were some pain points in the system.
- Modify the description of the seating types.
- Recommendations around implementing certain flexibilities and constraints into the process.
Year of Study:
Year of Study