Talk Like an Academic workshops provide support for graduate-level students with English as an additional language (EAL). Participants will learn and practice English communication skills and strategies for typical academic situations.
- Communicating with professors and advisors
- Communicating with students as a teaching assistant (TA)
- Making your point in class discussions
- Communicating in job interviews
- Listening in lectures and talks
- Presenting your research to a general or academic audience
- This program is offered in the winter semester. Registration opens in January.
- University of Guelph graduate students, postdoctoral scholars, or visiting scholars with English as an additional language (EAL) are welcome.
- Registration is for the entire series of workshops.